Helsinki International Arbitration Day 2016 (HIAD 2016) on the topic ‘Time to Change Our Mindsets and to Think Outside the (Tool) Box?’ was held on 26 May 2016. The event was a great success as it gathered leading practitioners in the fields of arbitration and mediation and an audience of more than 260 delegates from 19 different countries. The conference was followed by a dinner with speech by the US Ambassador to Finland.
You can access:
– the conference materials here
– the HIAD rapporteurs’ reports on the panel discussions:
– Report on HIAD’s first panel discussion “Digitalization and Cybersecurity – New Challenges to International Arbitration?” by Ricardo Gomes, Associate, Dittmar & Indrenius Attorneys Ltd., Helsinki
– Report on HIAD’s second panel discussion “Companies’ and In-House Counsel’s Perspectives on the Future of Arbitration – How Should It Be?” by Kirsi Kannaste, Senior Associate, Krogerus Attorneys Ltd, Helsinki
– Report on HIAD’s third panel discussion “Mediation as an Alternative to Resolve International Commercial Disputes – When, How and Why?” by Leena Kujansuu, Senior Associate, Lindfors & Co Attorneys at Law Ltd, Helsinki
– the photos here
– the video interviews on the panel discussions:
– the videos on the speeches and panel discussions:
– Opening Remarks, Heidi Merikalla-Teir, Secretary General, The Finland Arbitration Institute
– Keynote Speech, Jarno Limnéll, Professor Cyber Security, Aalto University
– Closing Speech, International Arbitration Now and In the Future, Andrea Carlevaris, Secretary General, ICC International Court of Arbitration
– Closing Remarks, Mika Savola, Chair of the Board, The Finland Arbitration Institute
We look forward to welcoming you to our next year’s conference. The exact date will be announced shortly on the FAI website.