YACF, like many of its sister organizations, is as an organization run by volunteers who like both – arbitration and organizing events (the latter for purpose of promoting arbitration and young lawyers in arbitration). YACF would not exists without such great volunteers. (more…)
Adriana Aravena-Jokelainen in a Nutshell
- Case Manager at the FAI since March 2010
- Previously, member of the Arbitration Practice Group of a leading Finnish law firm in Helsinki, Finland (2005-2009)
- Before moving to Finland in 2003, lawyer with a full-service business law firm in Concepción, Chile
- Postgraduate diploma in Biosafety, UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization) and Universidad de Concepción, Chile
- Postgraduate diploma in European Studies, Universidad de Concepción, Chile
- Chilean lawyer (Licenciado en Ciencias Jurídicas, Universidad de Concepción, Chile)
- Bilingual industrial business management clerk German-Spanish (Kaufmännisches Berufsbildungszentrum INSALCO, Santiago, Chile; apprenticeship with BASF in Santiago de Chile)
FAI case manager has co-authored a chapter of the book “The Roles of Psychology in International Arbitration”
FAI case manager Adriana Aravena-Jokelainen has co-authored chapter 16 of the book “The Roles of Psychology in International Arbitration” with psychologist Sean P. Right. Their chapter, “Balancing the Triangle: How Arbitration Institutions Meet the Psychological Needs and Preferences of Users”, explores psychological aspects that characterize the purpose and procedures of arbitration institutions. (more…)
A Joint Breakfast Seminar on Arbitration in Finland and Germany with DIS, Frankfurt/Main 21 November 2017
We wish to warmly thank DIS and all the participants of the joint FAI/DIS Breakfast Seminar on Arbitration in Finland and Germany that was held in Frankfurt yesterday, 21 November 2017. (more…)
- Anna-Maria works as a Legal Trainee at the FAI since April 2016. From April 2017 until September 2017 she worked as a Case Manager, replacing a case manager on sabbatical leave. Anna-Maria will return to her studies at the end of November 2017.
- LL.M. Candidate, University of Helsinki
- LL.B. in European Law, Maastricht University, 2016
This autumn marks the five-year anniversary of when Young Arbitration Club Finland was founded in its first chairwoman’s – Ms Anna-Maria Tamminen’s – kitchen.
Since then, YACF has arranged at least around thirty different events; seminars, lunch clubs, Christmas parties, back to business drinks, open mic nights, “bring your own questions” -themed panel discussions, and last but not least; the 2nd Co-Chairs Circle Global Conference, which was held in Helsinki in May 2016. YACF’s events have been frequented by Finnish and international arbitration lawyers alike, and many have been arranged together with YACF’s sister organisations.
For its five-year anniversary celebrations, YACF pulled out all the stops by hosting both an anniversary seminar and a dinner as well as publishing a book on arbitration in Finland.
Chair of the FAI Board, Mr Mika Savola, has recently published an extensive article entitled “Awarding Costs in International Commercial Arbitration” in Scandinavian Studies in Law, Volume 63 (p. 276-318). It is reprinted here with the kind permission of said publication.