The application for the appointment of an Emergency Arbitrator shall contain the following information
- The name and contact details of the parties and of their counsel or other representatives;
- identification of and, where possible, a copy of the arbitration agreement under which the dispute is to be settled;
- identification of any contract, other legal instrument or relationship out of or in relation to which the dispute arises;
- a brief description of the circumstances giving rise to the application and of the underlying dispute referred or to be referred to arbitration;
- a statement of the relief sought from the Emergency Arbitrator;
- the reasons why the applicant needs urgent interim measures of protection that cannot await the constitution of an arbitral tribunal;
- any agreement as to the seat of arbitration, the law or rules of law applicable to the substance of the dispute, or the language of the arbitration; and
- proof of payment of the Application Deposit referred to in Article 4 of Appendix III to the FAI rules.
Please also include the following information
- The applicant’s VAT number, if the applicant is registered for VAT; and
- email address and mobile telephone number of a legal representative of the respondent.
The application may also include other information or documents, which contribute to the expedient handling of the application at the FAI.
Payment of the Application Deposit
In connection with filing an application for the appointment of an Emergency Arbitrator with the FAI, the applicant must pay an Application Deposit of EUR 25 000. The Application Deposit consist of EUR 5 000 for the Administrative
Fee and expenses of the FAI and EUR 20 000 for the fee and expenses of the
Please find our bank account details here.
When making the payment, please indicate the parties to the dispute and reference “Application Deposit for Emergency Arbitrator proceedings” in the message field.
Language of the application
The application shall be submitted in the language of the arbitration as agreed by the parties. Failing such agreement, the application shall be submitted in the language of the arbitration agreement.
Filing the application with the FAI
Please see our instructions on how to deliver documents to the FAI.