The FAI organised the Finnish Arbitration Academy for the 8th time this autumn. Over 250 Finnish lawyers have participated in the Academy to date.
The objective of the Academy is to enhance the dispute resolution skills of Finnish lawyers, to secure the availability high-quality legal services for the effective resolution of business disputes also in the future. A smooth process contributes positively to the effectiveness of the work of companies, their counsel, as well as the arbitrators or mediators resolving the case.
“The Finnish Arbitration Academy has been well received within the community and its popularity is growing by the year. Our aim is to make the course as useful and practical as possible, so that it will hepl the participants to approach and solve also those types of issues, which are not necessarily directly regulated in the law or applicable rules. We strive to provide tools and skills to the participants with the help of our very esteemed and experienced speakers”, says Sanna Kaistinen, Secretary General of the Finland Arbitration Institute.
The next class of the Academy has already generated interest. “We currently plan to organise the next cycle of the Academy in the autumn of 2023. We will also organise separate events to our alumni”, Sanna Kaistinen says.
The focus of the Academy is, in particular, in strengthening the participants’ knowledge of the FAI rules. During the Academy, the participants will dicuss the normative framework, basic principles and best practices of arbitration, as well as the drafting of arbitartion agreements and arbitral awards. In addition to the Finnish perspective, the Academy also considers international practices and developments.
In 2022, the following persons completed the Academy (those who granted permission to the FAI to publish their names):
- Anna Kuusi, Dottir Asianajotoimisto Oy
- Anna Koskenniemi, Fondia Oyj
- Ari Jurvansuu, Asianajotoimisto Pro Juridica Oy
- Hanna Vieruaho, Asianajotoimisto Kuhanen, Asikainen & Kanerva Oy
- Heidi Markus, Eversheds Asianajotoimisto Oy
- Jarmo Makkonen, Asianajotoimisto Krogerus Oy
- Joel Kujala, Roschier Asianajotoimisto Oy
- Jouni Gauriloff, Finsta Asianajotoimisto Oy
- Kari Airakorpi, Helsingin käräjäoikeus
- Katja Perätalo, Hannes Snellman Asianajotoimisto Oy
- Kirsi-Marja Salokangas, Asianajotoimisto Merkurius Oy
- Lauri Rantanen, Asianajotoimisto DLA Piper Finland Oy
- Markus Liesegang, Lakiasiaintoimisto Kari Uoti Oy
- Matti Nousiainen, Berggren Oy
- Mia Lehmusvaara, ADA Asianajotoimisto Oy
- Miikka Keränen, Wiidare Oy
- Mikko Tolvanen, Asianajotoimisto Fenno Oy
- Nelli Ritala, Avance Asianajotoimisto Oy
- Paula Talonen, Asianajotoimisto Socrates Oy
- Sami Nisametdin, Matkailu- ja Ravintolapalvelut MaRa ry
- Sanja Raunio, Helsingin käräjäoikeus
- Tatu Jaarinen, HPP Asianajotoimisto Oy
- Teemu Auressalmi, Asianajotoimisto Castrén & Snellman Oy
- Tomi Haapman, Asianajotoimisto Procopé & Hornborg Oy